In today’s data-driven world, businesses of all sizes are looking for ways to use data to their advantage. One area where data can be especially valuable is in tourism marketing. By understanding how to leverage consumer behavior data, tourism businesses can develop more targeted and effective marketing campaigns.
What is Consumer Behavior Data?
Consumer behavior data is powerful data on people and places that leverages geolocation intelligence combined with other key insights. This data can be collected from a variety of sources, including mobile phone apps that ask for your location on an opt-in basis.
How Can Consumer Behavior Data Be Used for Tourism Marketing?
Consumer behavior data can be used for a variety of purposes in tourism marketing, including:
- Understanding consumer behavior: Gain insight into where consumers are going, what they are doing, and how long they are staying in a particular location. This information can be used to develop more targeted marketing campaigns.
- Creating custom audiences: Create custom audiences of people based on real world behaviors, whether you’re looking to target golf lovers, bachelorette parties, concert goers, road trippers or any other audience you can imagine. Target audiences with specific marketing messages to maximize impact.
- Activating campaigns across channels: Once you select the custom audiences you want to target, you can seamlessly deploy campaigns across different channels and ad networks for mobile display ads, paid social media, CTV, and a lot more.
- Measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns: Use data to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns for both online and offline attribution. This data can show how many people saw an ad and then went on to visit a particular destination.
Here are some specific ideas for how you can use consumer behavior data to create high-impact campaigns:
- Retarget previous tourists or tourists to competitive markets: Often you can find your most likely visitors based on their prior travel behavior. If you’re marketing a beach destination, you can identify a target audience of beach-loving tourists based on who has visited your destination or another beach destination recently.
- Promote experiences to in-market tourists: Even after a tourist has arrived in your market, there’s still potential to drive visitation to attractions. Consumer behavior data can help you identify an audience of tourists who are currently visiting your destination from other markets, so you can let them know about attractions, and then measure the impact of those campaigns.
- Use custom retargeting to promote events & attractions: Drive attendance to key events and attractions with specific targeting and messaging. For example, a food festival in New Jersey partnered with Near to drive awareness and visitation to their event by targeting people who had visited similar events in the past few months.
What Are the Benefits of Using Consumer Behavior Data for Tourism Marketing?
There are a number of benefits to using consumer behavior data for tourism marketing, including:
Consumer behavior data can help tourism businesses to target their marketing campaigns more effectively, which can lead to increased ROI.
Improved customer experience:
Consumer behavior data can be used to provide consumers with more relevant and personalized experiences.
Greater marketing effectiveness:
Consumer behavior data can help tourism businesses to measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns and make adjustments as needed.
Consumer behavior data is a powerful tool that can be used to improve tourism marketing. By using this data effectively, you can develop more targeted and effective marketing campaigns that will help you reach your target audience and achieve your marketing goals. To do this effectively, you can partner with a consumer behavior data marketing platform like Near’s Marketing Intelligence Platform to accomplish audience curation, campaign activation, and measurement and attribution seamlessly.