Organizations widely recognize the importance of data to drive key business decisions – 97% of execs in Fortune 1000 organizations say their organization is investing in data initiatives. However, the path to becoming a data-driven company is far from straightforward. To learn more about organizations’ priorities and challenges around using data, Near partnered with Pulse to survey 200 technology decision-makers.
The findings indicate the importance of data accuracy, privacy, and applications:
- 84% of respondents said that ensuring data accuracy was a top priority for their organization
- 67% said complying with privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, Australian Privacy Principles) was a top priority
- 77% said that targeted marketing was key to their organization’s marketing success
However, while respondents clearly valued data and its importance to the organization, many are still falling short when it comes to applying it:
- A majority (55%) said they don’t have a robust ability to profile their target audience.
- 67% said they don’t have a robust ability to deliver and measure offline attribution against marketing programs.
See the full findings: